Tuesday, November 1, 2016

A Blog Post Can be a Letter: Dear November,

Dear November,
The months have flown by this year.
Somehow, I missed the advent of fall, and next month, winter will officially be here. 
Today is cloudy and cold.
That's typical weather for you, November.
Life has changed so much, again, but there are some steadying influences this month.

Last year, on Thanksgiving,
I thought I was going to loose Pixie.
I never dreamed she'd still be with us this November.
For that, I am grateful.
Pixie turned 12 this year.
I don't know how much longer I have with her, but she has been a great gift from God to me.

 As far as Thanksgiving goes, I'm not sure that I'll be able to get together with our "extended family."
Knee surgery is the week before Thanksgiving.  Well the kids can go and bring me some food back.
That's  ok.
Pixie, kitties and I can celebrate until everyone comes back.

 We'll see our first snowfall this month.  
Brrrrrrrrrrrr.
To me the first snowfall is the most beautiful.
After that, I'd rather see rain, not freezing rain, just rain.

Well, November, there's really not much more to say.
I'm not fond of your weather, so, other than that, I hope you don't fly by.
Christmas comes way too soon.

I'm hungry for turkey and dressing.
Nummy.
Now, I have to clean my house.
It's time for me to go.

Good-bye.
Mallory
 
 

2 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

What a great idea to write a letter to the month! I might have to start doing that! I agree with your sentiments on the month completely. I can't believe it has come again so fast. Just one year ago we were taking our son to see the last college, the one I thought he would choose. He selected my alma mater (UW Madison) instead. We couldn't be more proud of him. Best wishes on your impending surgery for a speedy recovery. I will start banking the prayers for you now. Enjoy the day! Erin

rosebud101 said...

Thank you, Erin, for your beautiful comments. Time just seems to fly by the older I get. I guess that really means I'm old!!!! :) Thank you for your kind thoughts.