Thursday, June 23, 2016

My Secret

Honestly,
whether you journal for yourself
or blog publicly,
which part of the process do you like the best?
My guess would be the writing, more specifically,  the enjoyment of writing. 

Most of my writing is writing for me,
just for me.
I love the process.
Whether spiritual or not, 
the process of writing is, for me, what it's all about.

I always carry a notebook in my purse for random thoughts.
I use my Ipad and phone to record other  thoughts and ideas.

I take a lot of pictures.
They are a journal, too.
Writing without words is an interesting concept, don't you think?

So, I have so many journals filled with blather and love.
I wonder what will happen to these when I die?
 
Perhaps, all of this will be of no value to the ones I leave behind.
I'd like to think some one, some where, will value the life I lived and recorded,
but, perhaps, no one will.
I don't know.  

Memories are just bits of time we have kept with us as we walk our journey called life.
Some memories are wonderful!
Other memories are those bits of time we want to leave in a minefield and explode.
Nevertheless, they are part of our lives, part of what made us who we are or were.
We only take love with us.

Can I tell you a secret?
I have a silly dream that one day, one of my journals will be found in an old bookstore by someone interested in history.
I have a silly dream that this person will buy that old journal, read it, and write their own story of my life.

Silly, right?
It's just a dream, and now you know.

I just like to write and dream.
How about you?
 



 

No comments: