Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Making Canes and Pens from Polymer Clay


I ended up really liking these pens.  I made them using polymer clay canes.
Leaf canes are easy for me to make, but I have to practice on flowers.
The blue cane was supposed to be a flower, but It didn't work.
I am flower cane impaired.














These are the canes I made for the pens.
Clearly, the leaf is good.
These canes were not yet reduced.

The flower wasn't even close to being a flower.

So, I think I need to practice.

Scroll down for more fun pens.











 These pens were well received.
They look simple and unimpressive,
but...
when the lights went out,
they glow in the dark!
I made canes, very simple canes, so that the boys would know which ones were theirs,
and the girls would know which ones were theirs.
(The girls' pens had flowers and the boys pens had shapes.)










 

The kids had a great time taking their pens outside to charge up,
and then going into a very dark bathroom to watch them glow.
Glow they did!!
And it was fun!!!!



There are so many things you can do with polymer clay.
Glow in the dark is one of my favorites!

What do you think?











No comments: