Monday, November 30, 2015

It seems odd or This That and the Other

As I write this, it is early Sunday afternoon.  I went to Mass yesterday at 5 PM.  Pixie got me up early, and I had to take her for a walk in the front yard.
It seems odd, but it's not, that I haven't gotten out of my pajamas yet.
This is rare.
Jenny's cat, Fred, is busy prowling around the house.
He walks by Pixie, and he glares at her.
She just sighs because he's leaving her alone and that makes Pixie happy.
The sky is gray.
We're waiting the first big snowstorm of the season.
The prediction for us is 6-12 inches.
I'm glad I don't have any place where I have to be tomorrow.
I'm not sure when the snow is predicted to begin, but I plan to be safely situated in my home when it does
Pixie is feeling better.  I was terrified on Thanksgiving morning when she was dragging her left hind leg.  Our hosts for Thanksgiving were gracious and let us bring Pixie along and put her in their bedroom while we had dinner.  I couldn't have left her home alone.
She has a degenerative disease in her spine, and it's very painful, but we didn't find that out until Friday.  I was so grateful that my son was home.  He was able to carry her when she couldn't walk.
The meds kicked in quickly and Pixie felt better.
Saturday, she had a panic attack which meant we had to go back to the vet.
She had a laser treatment on her back and on her leg, and that helped.
She's on 4 new medications, and she will have to be on them for the rest of her life.
Things could be worse.  I'm glad they aren't.
So, we wait.  The medications make Pixie sleepy.  That's okay.  I have things to do, and she still wants to see me every second that she's awake.  Some things need to be done out of her sight like dishes, the bathroom, etc.  She doesn't understand that.  Since the pain is decreased, she is not in a panic.  I'm glad she can sleep.
Since, I am still in my PJ's, I might take a nap, too.
That sounds like a wonderful idea!
Night!

No comments: