Monday, April 13, 2015

Pixie Had Her Teeth Cleaned, and She Didn't Like it One Bit, but They Did a Beautiful Job!



Friday was traumatic for Pixie.
We
Went
To
The 
Vet.
She was not happy.
She was drugged.
Her teeth were cleaned.
She came home with beautiful teeth,
but a painful mouth.
I tried to give her pain pills, 
but she would spit out the 
pill pockets
because chewing them hurt her mouth.
I tried crushing the pills and putting them in her 
soft 
food,
but they must have tasted bitter
because Pixie 
shook her head
and refused to eat.
I gave her applesauce.
I gave her canned food mixed with water.
I gave her hot dogs.
No,
she refused to eat.
Her mouth really hurt.
So, she spent the night
upset with me
downstairs.
She looked at me with the pitiful look you see in the picture.
It was like she was saying,
"How could you do this to me?"
Saturday, though, she woke up.
She ate.
She loves her canned food!
And now,
she has beautiful teeth!
We're all happy again!

2 comments:

Kokopelli said...

So good that our furbabies aren't resentful for very long.

rosebud101 said...

I'm so glad, too! Her mouth really hurt her, but she wouldn't take the pain meds no matter how I tried. Anyway, she's happy again, until next year! :)