Saturday, December 27, 2014

Listing Saturday:: When I'm Bored, I write Silly Poetry

Truth is, I'm NOT that bored.  I'm just tired. 

The kids are home, and that is wonderful. 

It snowed last night.

 I have been sleeping more than being awake.

Today, I'm not so tired.

That's a short list, but it's true!

Here's a poem that I posted on Facebook on the 26th.

I was tired.

I was sleepy.

I was just a wee bit bored.

Now, it's back to reality.

The Day After Christmas

The day after Christmas and all through the house,
Not a creature is stirring except that freakin' mouse,
The cats in their slumber ignore that little guy,
The dog, a good mouser, lifted up an eye.
It mocks me and taunts me, but he won't go away,
I guess that critter is here to stay!
I've had it! The mouse is walking away,
Into my trap of the open door.
I slam that door shut. The mouse is outside!
You can guess what else happened, now he's got some cheese!
Later, I'll give him another piece
Because, it's the day after Xmas, and all through the house,
The only one stirring is that sweet little mouse!
 
This poem was written by me. 
 No mice were hurt in the writing of this poem!


No comments: