Monday, November 3, 2014

Art Charm Exchange, Beads of Courage, and a Bowl of Beads

I haven't been able to torch in a while, but there comes a time, when beads need to be sent to Beads of Courage. 

I started cleaning out beads today.  I almost have a full bowl with a lot more to go!!!  I hope the kids like them!

Just a reminder, the Art Charm Swap is over.  I'll post my charms soon.  There will be a blog hop and an auction to raise funds for Beads of Courage on November 14.  Stay tuned for more details.

Now that it's November, it's time to start thinking of the holidays.  Thanksgiving is coming up soon.
I'm hosting the annual gathering this year.  It's always a wonderful time of year to get together, talk, and enjoy that bird! 

After Thanksgiving, of course, comes Christmas.  I want to scale back this year.  Everything will be casual, except, of course, Church.  That will be Midnight Mass.  I love being out in the cold at Midnight to attend Christmas Mass! 

Then, during December, we begin our ascent into spring.  The light of day becomes slightly longer as we move into January.  Of course, we will have a lot of snow, but, it's better to have the snow and see it glitter in the sun.  (I can't believe I said that!)  Dusk is my favorite part of day.  The blue of the early sunset reflects on the snow and I feel peaceful. 

For now, even though I think we should do it all year, we need to give thanks.  We are such a rich country.  We have so much that others don't have. 

Last year, at this time, I had a broken bone in my foot.  Actually, it wasn't a broken foot bone or a broken ankle bone, it was the connector bone between my ankle and foot.  I am very grateful that I don't have a broken bone this year!  That hurt!

No comments: