Monday, December 30, 2013

Looking Back at 2013!

Happenings

I fell on the ice, but I came up without a concussion or a cut in my head.  I had a huge bruise on my head, and my head still hurts in that spot, but the doctor told me to expect that.

I missed a stair in my house, and I broke the talus bone in my foot.   I'm still dealing with that.

I lost 20 pounds on Weight Watchers!

I learned to appreciate the fact that my friends will help me when I need them.

I learned to embrace and really like me!

I got my first black eye.  When I was sick, and, apparently dehydrated,  I fainted.  I hit my head on a box I had placed next to the closet I was going to clean out that morning. 

I learned to  make my own greek yogurt, and is it delicious.

I learned to make my own electrolyte drinks at home, in case I can't get to the store to buy some when I'm sick.

I learned to make my own "sippy" cups out of mason jars to keep myself hydrated during the day.  I plan to use them when I'm sick, too!  No more fainting, if I can help it!

I learned to appreciate a friend more than I thought I could.

I learned that although life is difficult, when we look for the good, you can always find some, somewhere, but you have to look.

I threw up on myself in a public place.  No warning.  No reason, and the only thing I had to contain my vomit was my coat.  I learned humility there.

I learned that no matter how many times I clean out the hall closet, it just makes room for more. 

I worked hard on my clay.  I learned a lot of things about polymer clay and how to use it.

I've made some beautiful pieces with polymer clay.

I got stuck with glass, but I'm starting to go back to it.

I began to write again.

I've learned how much I love being alone.

I'm learning to embrace silence more than quiet.

I'm enjoying cooking again.
I still don't like grocery shopping.

I learned that when working with those who are dying, they want their dignity and their life.  Most hope that someone will remember them.  I know there are some I will never forget!

I realized, this year, how much happiness Pixie brings to almost everyone she meets.  She's such a happy dog, and a blessing to me.

I love our monthly retired teacher breakfasts!  It's so much fun to get together and talk.

Time really does fly when you're having fun!







2 comments:

Courtney Breul said...

What a beautiful post! Here's to a wonderful 2014.

rosebud101 said...

Thanks, Courtney! Here's to a wonderful 2014 for all of us!