Thursday, December 12, 2013

Easy Peasy Last Minute Gift or Treat for Yourself, Spiral Christmas Tree Earrings tutorial

Step 1


 Cut 4 inches of wire.
Make a loop at one end of the wire using your round nose pliers. 

Step 2

Using your nylon pliers,
begin to make a flat spiral with the remaining wire.

Step 3

Your wire should look like this.
Optional step at this point, 
add another loop at the end.
If you would like to add seed beads or crystals at the end, do not make a loop here.

Repeat steps 1, 2, and 3 so that you have two identical spirals.

Step 4

Using a pointed tool like a knitting needle or pencil,
push the center of the spiral so that the spirals separate and become tree like .
Repeat with the other spiral.

At this point, if you did not add a loop at the end, add seed beads or crystals.
If you forgot like I did, unbend the loop, and then add your beads!
You can also add dangles from the little loop at the end.
Add ear wires.
Ta-da!
You have some Xmas tree earrings.

Isn't that fun?
Merry Christmas!
Ho! Ho! Ho!

3 comments:

ifka said...

Simplicity and beauty is something I like ... beautiful

Aimee Moisa said...

I have been all antsy that I was marring my new nylon pliers. Now I don't feel so bad. :)

Susan said...

Very cute! Thank you for sharing this - I am going to make some up!