Sunday, December 8, 2013

As December Marches on, I'm looking forward to...

The Winter Solstice when the light of day will begin to increase again
My children coming home for Christmas
Getting my house cleaned
Cooking for the family again
Remembering times that have gone by
Holding my children so tight they will never forget how much I love them
Being together as a family again
Listening to what the kids say in their stories of life
Taking silly pictures  
Going to church
Unwrapping presents together
Eating our Christmas Eve meal together

Trying to decide what each of us wants to eat
Eating left overs
Having a glass of wine with my adult children
Listening to Christmas carols over and over again
Not sending out Christmas cards
Oddly, receiving Christmas cards
Sleeping in on Christmas Morning
Midnight Mass

No comments: