Monday, September 9, 2013

TV Dinner Day


I don't know about you, but when I was growing up, it was a real treat to have a TV dinner for supper.
On the days when my mother would get home from work dead tired,
she'd say,
"Let's have a TV dinner for supper."
Wow!
The oven would go on.
After it preheated, the TV dinners would be popped in the oven to cook for, at least,
35-45 minutes.
In the meantime,
we'd pull up the metal tv trays,
turn on the tv, 
and be able to watch tv while we ate.

Now, that I'm grown,
tv dinners for fast food really aren't that appetizing any more.
I guess I outgrew them.
Well, when you look at he calorie counts, the fats, the carbs,
that's what age does to you...
they just aren't worth eating.

The reason, though, that I'm posting this today, 
is simply to remind you that 
tomorrow,
September 10, 
is
TV Dinner Day.

Oh, the memories!
Oh, the calories!
Oh, the fat!
I might have to indulge just one time more?
Not sure.
We'll see!

1 comment:

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

My Mom never worked outside the home, so imagine what a rare treat it was for us to eat a TV dinner (we had to beg... a lot LOL).