Friday, September 6, 2013

So, today I used a Crock Pot to make Soap

Today, I made soap in my old crock pot.
This is what it looked like after 55 minutes.
I used this tutorial.
Click
to learn to make the soap.
I made a bigger recipe than the one given in this tutorial, so part of my 
soap
is still curing.


This is the loaf of soap as it's still curing.

These are the odd shaped pieces of soap.
I will cut off the rough bottoms to make a small bar of soap.
I scented this soap with rose essential oils.
My house smells of roses right now.

One thing I do need to mention is when you clean up,
make sure you rinse each piece of glass ware or pan that you want to put in the dishwasher, before they do in the dishwasher,
because,
if you don't,
this will happen.

This took a long time to clean up.
After I had finished, someone suggested using vinegar to cut the soap.
Sigh!
I wish I had thought of that sooner.
Oh, well!

3 comments:

Amy F said...

I love handmade soap. These posts are so cool!

Celeste Kemmerer said...

I will definitely check out the soap tutorial. I'm sorry that your dishwasher filled up with suds. My dishwasher is just a drainer right now.

Unknown said...

You go girl - one of the things you can do with soap is felt all around it - makes a great scrub in the shower.