Thursday, September 26, 2013

Easy Peasy Crochet Necklace Tutorial

Would you like to make this crochet necklace?  You can do it.  All you need to know how to do is a simple chain stitch.

Here's what you need.

Nylon crochet cord size 3
Crochet hook Size H/8
Seed Beads
Assorted Beads
(I used some of my orphan lampwork beads for this necklace.)














Here's what you do:

1) String one yard of beads on your cord.  I left the cord on the spool.  I did not cut it until the necklace was finished.   The pattern I used was 8-15 seed beads, one orphan bead.  I did this until I had one yard of beads strung on the spool.


2) I began the necklace with 5 chains, then I added a bead.  The pattern I used was 5 chains, crochet one bead.


3) At times, I would crochet two seed beads together, rather than just one, for visual interest.

4) I chained until all of the seed beads were crocheted on to the cord.  


5) I joined the ends together with a single crochet.  I then knotted the end, adding a drop of glue to secure the knot.


At this point, you can trim the ends.  I had about 6 yards of chain in this necklace.  When the knot is dried, stretch the crochet.  Fold and wear.


Fun and easy to do!!
 

No comments: