Thursday, January 10, 2013

I'm so Proud of Pixie Marie!

We went to visit the elderly Good Counsel Sisters on the Hill as it is called here.  This is the "retirement" home for nuns in this order as they age.  Believe me, it is really not retirement for them, but that's another story. 

Pixie was a therapy dog, on her own, for the first time.  We visited the nuns in the nursing home portion of the convent.  We must have had over 20 sisters come to visit with Pixie.

She did great, and they loved her!!  Pixie charmed her way through treats and ear rubs to their hearts.  One sweet elderly nun asked me. "What is her name?"  I told her.  "How old is she?"  I told her.  "How long do these dogs live?" I told her.  Then she said, "What's her name?"  "How old is she?"  "How long do these dogs live?"  Rinse, repeat.  She was sweet.  Pixie liked her. 

The nuns who chose to do so, petted Pixie, gave her treats, and rubbed her ears.  One elderly nun asked me to move closer.  She was blind, but I didn't realize this.  Pixie liked her, too.  Pixie was kind and gentle.  We visited with the good sisters for over an hour.  When we left, Pixie jumped in the car and fell asleep.  I'm sure many of the nuns napped after we left, too.

It was a big day for everyone!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Go Pixie Marie! Who couldn't love that face of hers. It just begs to be nuzzled and petted. Good job to her Mom too.

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

Pixie was certainly a hit, I would say. I chuckled at the thought of all those dear old sisters having to "recuperate" from so much excitement!

susanc said...

How sweet! What a good girl! That must be very rewarding. I hope you are recovering well. Have a great day!

TesoriTrovati said...

Charming Pixie! Give her a rub for me! Enjoy the day. Erin

AliMc said...

Good work Pixie! Wish there were more therapy dogs in the world.