Monday, January 21, 2013

Back to Square Two

I suppose this is the time of year.
It tends to happen in January, February, 
well, it can happen at any time, 
but I think that in hook of winter doldrums,
I find that I lost my mojo because my muse is vacationing somewhere without me.
I am assuming she's in Mexico or somewhere that there is more warmth than in Minnesota in January.
Any hoooooo,
I have been on and off the torch since early January.
(Actually more off than on.)
That didn't seem to help much.
Then I got sick.
That didn't help at all.
It actually took a lot for me to return to the torch.
Good thing it's cold. 
I am much warmer when I torch.
Soooooooo,
what about my mojo?
What about my muse?
Well, neither one has returned, so I was forced to go back to Square two.
What is Square two?
Square one was learning to make a donut shaped bead.
Square two is using simple techniques to decorate a bead.
For the last two days, I have been making fritted beads.
Square two.
Take a look!


I kind of like these!!!

Maybe my mojo is coming back?
We'll see, but these were fun to make.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I always warm up with square two so keep going - they look good.

Kokopelli said...

I think my muse took a skiing vacation without me. Or did she stay there and let me drive back alone? No idea! Just to let you know mojo and muse are gone on my side, too.