Thursday, July 5, 2012

Plastic and Pearls!

I found these at a local thrift store.
As you can see, I paid $1.61 for this entire bag of beads, I mean toys.
Here's a better look.

I sorted the bag into what I thought would be useable beads, really beads.
Cubes
 
 
Spheres

Body parts

Flower discs

Here's what happened.  This necklace looks great as I wear it!
The body parts add that special touch. 
I also used glass pearls as spacers.
Love this!  It's a choker.


A bracelet with glass pearls and a "charm" I found in the toys.

Last but not least, the flower discs with pearls make great earrings!!

So, what do you think?
Have you ever done anything this silly before?

7 comments:

TJewellicious by tanti said...

wow colorful beads...with many forms... although from plastic you make them become somethings cute...

Courtney Breul said...

I love the choker!! I found a huge gallon ziploc full of plastic shaped beads at a flea market and can't wait to play. :)

TesoriTrovati said...

HAHAHA! Those body parts sticking out crack me up. I think that anything with a hole is fair game, Miss Mallory. I like the way you think! I also believe that it is not what you have but what you do with what you have that makes the difference. This is fun! Enjoy the day. Erin

Jane Perala said...

Oh how much fun is that!! Perfect for summer.

Sharon Driscoll said...

Mallory - I think that is about the coolest piece of jewelry I have ever seen. The arms and pearls just make the piece. This is so cleaver....you rock girlfriend.

Amy F said...

So clever! I love those earrings, esp!

angelinabeadalina said...

Love them, especially the body parts reaching out from the cubes! Such fun, Mrs. M!!