Saturday, May 19, 2012

Go Ahead and Ask Them...

and my kids will tell you that when they were growing up they thought that Target bags were gift bags.

I admit it!  I'm one of those people who hates to wrap gifts.  I really dislike that task.  I have, in the past, asked the kids to wrap their own Christmas presents.  They refused.  I have asked them to wrap their own birthday presents.  They refused. 

The young 'uns thought that, as small children, Santa wrapped their presents in target bags.  One of them suggested, and I forget which one, that perhaps Santa should hire elves that knew how to wrap presents better than the ones they had in their hands.  Sigh!

Maybe one day this cycle will end.  I don't know.  I still can't fold those edges properly or crease the wrapping paper.  When I send out an order from my Etsy store, I pretend to wrap it.  I know what the wrapping looks like!  Sigh.  I wish Santa would send me some package wrapping elves for Christmas. 

2 comments:

Therese's Treasures said...

It is the thought that counts, right! The wrapping is just going to get torn off in a rush to see what is inside. Right? So it is ok with me that you do not wrap or don't wrap well. Heck you make beautiful beads that should account for something! This post gave me a smile this morning thank you for sharring.
Therese

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA - You make me smile Mallory.
Sharon