Monday, March 12, 2012

So Where'd You Get that Bracelet?

Mary Clare and I were having breakfast at Perkins one morning.  She said, "Before I forget, here's that bracelet I was telling you about."  Truthfully, I had forgotten.  I saw it and said, "Wow!  I like it!  Where did you get it?" 

Mary Clare looked at me like my kids do when they think I've just something stupid.  "You made it for me," she said.  "I did?  But where did you get the beads?"  I was totally puzzled by now. 

Again, the look.  "YOU made them."  "I did?  I did?"  Wow!  I really like them!
She said, "I do, too, and I wear it a lot because it's so colorful and I can wear it with so much."  "I really made those beads?"  The look.

I guess so!  Aren't they fun?  I plan to make more of them now.  Especially since my skill level is so much better than when I made this bracelet for Mary Clare. 

I really made them?  I was better than I thought.

3 comments:

Shirley said...

Silly woman, of course you're that talented! I love your sense of humor. Have a great day!

Maggie said...

When I look at pictures of some of my early beads, I feel the same. I think it's a great idea to re-explore those beads when we were just experimenting and see where it takes us.

DVArtist said...

Funny. Means you are working too hard. Hee hee hee.
Love the colors
Nicole/Beadwright