Friday, February 17, 2012

Three Beautiful Things This Week

Three Beautiful Things This Week was inspired by a wonderful blog that Clare writes called Three Beautiful Things. Everyday, Clare writes about 3 Beautiful Things that happen each day in her life. It's a wonderful blog! I can only hope to imitate her in a very small way.


This has been a rough week.  I got sick again and couldn't hold anything down.  Ended up in the ER.  Got sick again the next day.  Ended up at my doctor's office.  I found out I have another infection.  I'm on more antibiotics.  The doctor also said that they type of pneumonia I have can drag on and on and that I was still battling it.  What was beautiful this week?  Well, it was hard to see, but there were some beautiful things going on this week in spite of everything!


1) I found out when I was in the ER that there are some beautiful, healing professionals in our town.  Not only are they competent, they are also kind and very compassionate.  I was treated with dignity and respect, and I was given hope that, after feeling lousy this month, there is hope that I will feel better soon.


2) As much as I complain about insurance costs and the costs of the medications it takes to feel better, I am very grateful that I have insurance to help cover my medical costs and that my copay to see a doctor is only $20.  I am also extremely grateful that there are medications to help me heal and manage my medical conditions.


3) Today, I feel good enough to torch.  I'm going to shower and get dressed, then I'm heading down to my torch to make beads.  It probably won't be for a very long time, but I will be melting glass.  This is very healing for me!

No comments: