Saturday, January 28, 2012

Life Throws Us All Curve Balls.

Today, as I continue to recover from this infection, I was thinking about how differently January turned out from what I had expected it to be.

Normally, this time of year, we are very cold and full of snow.  This year, the weather for January has been exceptionally mild with very little snow.  We have had only one night when the temperatures plummeted below zero, and, yes that was cold.  Many days in January, in past years, have had actual highs in the below zero digits.  That's not uncommon for January in Minnesota.  This year, the cold day has been the exception.  I'm not complaining about this curve ball!

Normally, the kids are both back at work after the holidays.  This month, Nick is traveling for work, and Jenny was in the hospital for over a week with an illness that could have been life threatening.  This is not what I had imagined at all.  I was hoping that either or both of the kids would be home sometime this month for a few days.  Instead, I have spent two weeks with Jenny.  One week because she was so ill.  One week because I became so ill and am still in the recovery process with her.

Life hasn't turned out as I had expected in January.  It's been a month of curve balls for me.  How has January been for you? 

I have enabled, I hope, anonymous comments if you do not wish to leave your name.  I will post, after moderation, as many comments as I can.  Let's hear about you.  I hope your month has been better than mine.  What do you want to say?

3 comments:

Maggie said...

My month has been amazing. I rang in the new year in Florence and then Rome later that day. The first week was filled with new friends, beauty, and adventure. Not to mention gelato. Lots of gelato. It will end with a road trip to Los Angeles to see some old friends, beauty, and adventure.

Hoping and praying your family has a much better February. You have weathered many storms together and it's time for some peace.

DVArtist said...

I am so sorry about how the new year has treated you. I too have been ill and in hospital. Just when I get doctor bills paid off there they are again. I will light a candle for you and keep you in my thoughts.
Nicole/Beadwright

Sharon Driscoll said...

Frankly Mallory I am looking at the word verification and it is "worsess". Kind of reminds me of who might have that the worst-est January. I've been in Pj's for 3 days - just because. There are a million excuses but not one good reason to be on my _ _ _. I sure hope you and Jenny get to feeling better soon. Today would have been my mother's 89th birthday. It's been a long time since I've seen her and I miss her very much. Now I'll type in that word!