Friday, October 28, 2011

Three Beautiful Things This Week

Three Beautiful Things This Week was inspired by a wonderful blog that Clare writes called Three Beautiful Things. Everyday, Clare writes about 3 Beautiful Things that happen each day in her life. It's a wonderful blog! I can only hope to imitate her in a very small way.

1) Damnit!  Jenny has shingles!  They are very painful, too.  I know that this isn't a beautiful thing, but I sure do admire my daughter even more.  I admire her strength and courage.  I admire her ability to endure.  I admire her tenacity in the face of great difficulty.  She's quite a woman!

2)  Nick has been sick, too!  Is this a beautiful thing?  No, it's not, but I admire his strength and courage, too.  He continues to be a strength to both Jenny and me.  What a wonderful son!

3)  Pixie makes me smile everyday.  She's decided that she likes to cuddle now.  It doesn't seem to matter where I am or what I am doing.  I turn around, and I find a head in my hand.  I smell something rank, and I hear a sigh, then I find someone cuddled next to me.  I'll be sitting down on the couch, and suddenly I have very little room because Pixie is cuddled next to me.  Yes, she makes me smile.  I am very grateful!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Sending positive thoughts for you and your family!!

rosebud101 said...

Thanks, Kim!

Sharyl said...

Ha! This made me chuckle! Any list of beautiful things that begins with "Damnit!" is going to be a funny and honest one! No glamorizing the situation, just plain, real life! I liked how the negative in each situation turned around to a positive though!