Friday, September 23, 2011

Three Beautiful Things This Week

Three Beautiful Things This Week was inspired by a wonderful blog that Clare writes called Three Beautiful Things. Everyday, Clare writes about 3 Beautiful Things that happen each day in her life. It's a wonderful blog! I can only hope to imitate her in a very small way.

1) The week has flown by!  Jenny had a lot of tests this week.  She weathered them well.  I'm very proud of her!  Her attitude is great!  She is an amazingly strong woman!  I'm blessed by two wonderful children!

2) Jenny and I met the "gentle giant" again this week while she was getting her tests.  He's an amazing man, and I found out his name is Dell.  "Just like the computers, but not the money," is what he told me.  Dell told me that, as a result of his brain surgeries, he had lost 10% of his brain function.  He said he was very depressed about that until his mother told him,  "Why are you whining about that?  You still  have 90% of your brain left!"  He said it changed his life to hear those words.

3) I think I'm catching on to the new Facebook, well, maybe, yes, I think so.  Well, sort of.  Okay.  Yes, I guess so, well, maybe, uh hum, okay.  :)

2 comments:

angelinabeadalina said...

Gonna try harder to remember the 90% when I feel like complaining!

Maggie said...

How wonderful to have met up with Dell again and what a great attitude he has, along with Jenny. I give you a lot of credit for your strength and support being at her side. As for fb, I just got tired of being a sheep and quit. LOVE twitter and pin and google + is growing on me now that more bead people are there.