Saturday, May 7, 2011

Adding Details: For Me There's Nothing Like Sculptural Work for Practice and I'm Not Cupcake Imparied Anymore!

I've had a hard time torching lately aka making beads because I have developed neck and back spasms.
These really do hurt when I torch, so I've tried tor  rest, but there are times when I have to work on beads.
One of my mantras for this year is:
DETAILS
the other, as you know, is:
HOPE.
So, the other day, I did have HOPE that I could torch for a bit and I did.
I practiced
DETAILS.
The best way for me to do this is to work on sculptural beads.
Presenting Toby the Tuscan.
Shape was my challenge with him.
However, without eyes, wings and a beak, Toby was just a blob.
The details came in the colors I used.
Black needs contrast.
Red, yellow and green provided that contrast.
May I introduce you to Oliver the Owl?
I made him using some cane I pulled myself.  It was a challenge to pull the cane, but it was a good learning experience.
The details were simple.
Cutting the feet to look like claws,
and adding eyes and a beak.
Please meet Fillip the Fish.
Details were really important with him.
I rolled the glass for his fins in frit for more color.
His lips were great to make!
More fins and a tail completed his body.
I like him!
And I discovered, I am no longer cupcake impaired.  Look at the details, too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

work, great work! i can't imagine myself being able to do that

rosebud101 said...

Thanks, Marabella!