Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Bead Table Wednesday and Bracelets for Hope

She started it!
Heather Powers!
What?
Bead Table Wednesday, of course!

So, here's what was on my table today.






There's a lot of blue!
The reason for this is a new blog hop organzied by 
of 

7000 Bracelets for Hope
is a project to help families struggling with rare illnesses.
My own daughter has a cancer, multiple myeloma, though not considered rare, is not common.
How could I say No to this blog hop and project?
Upon completion of our bracelet, 
and the reveal in the blog hop,
each participant will  send their bracelet and a note of encouragement to
an advocacy group who launched this project for families with children who have rare illnesses.

So now, you've had your sneak peek!
The Blog Hop will happen on Saturday, April 16!

There were over 90 participants signed up on Lori's blog.
This will be a beautiful blog hop,
especially if you like the color blue.



6 comments:

Maggie said...

I'll be sure to take a look at the project. Your bead table is very soothing in its blues today.

Maggie said...

Darn! I went to join in, but sign ups ended at midnight last night. Maybe I can beg to be included???

rosebud101 said...

Maggie, email Lori and see! I don't know what she will say!

Maggie said...

Mallory, I did just that and am waiting for a reply. I told her of the losses in my life due to cancer and that if she can't add me, she's doing a wonderful thing and I'll send one in on my own. I'll have to get the address from you if that's the case. I'll let you know.

rosebud101 said...

I will send you the address, if need be.

Maggie said...

I'm in! Yay! I just love doing this sort of thing for great causes. So happy that I happened by your blog yesterday. I'm not following Lori so I hope not to miss out on her future fun blog events.