Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Art Bead Scene March Monthly Chanllenge





This month's challenge from Art Bead Scene Blog is to make a piece of jewelry using
Gaugin's painting Sacred Spring, Sweet Dreams
as our inspiration.

When I looked at the painting, I was struck by the vibrant colors and the unusual contrast of red and pink.
The rest of the painting looked like a story being told to someone who need the brilliance of the colors to see the painting in the way it was intended.
I love the color palette in this painting!
The closer you are to the main subjects in the painting, the more brilliant the colors.
The farther away from the main subjects, the more muted the colors become.

I based my necklace on this painting.


The richness of the colors is reflected in the focal bead that I made.
The muted colors are reflected in the tiles that I did not make.
There is a blending of both the rich and the muted colors in my necklace.
I like it.
I liked the challenge.
Thanks, ABS.

6 comments:

belvedere beads said...

Very, very nice indeed. The colors, and the focal bead, are gorgeous.

TesoriTrovati said...

I love LOVE this painting and I love LOVE your interpretation! Beautiful! And Your new blog look? So awesome! That header is fantastic and it feels light and fresh.
Enjoy the day!
Erin

rosebud101 said...

Thanks, Lucinda and Erin!

Maggie said...

I love Gaugin. His colors are even more vibrant in person. You did a great job using his piece as inspiration. Beautiful necklace.

Marian Hertzog said...

Your necklace is an interesting mix and is a great mix of the color palette of the painting! Very pretty!

Holly said...

Gorgeous necklace! I love the contrast you pulled from the painting into this piece too - the eye really flows back and forth on this :)