Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Year End Review? Sure, and it can be said without a lot of words, or so I thought, until I wrote this blog.


All right. The reason I have this bead photo here is because I just needed a photo for that spot. I also happen to like this bead. It's in my Etsy store right now. You can see it here.

Now, on to the real blog.

If I had to sum up 2010 in one word, that word would be:


CHALLENGING.

In truth, that is an understatement.

However, things are going well, and, for that, I am grateful. I feel much older and so vulnerable. I do not want to relive this year. I am shaking the dust off my feet and moving on with my life.


I know that mountains are often placed in front of us to climb, but I'm tired. Climbing that same mountain again is not what I wanted to do this year, however, we must live what we are dealt.

So, looking to the future, my mantra for 2011 will be:

HOPE!

I have the HOPE that life will be better in 2011.
I have the HOPE that, no matter what, I will have the strength to endure and the courage to climb that blasted mountain.
I have the HOPE that there will be much JOY in life, again, along with the LAUGHTER that accompanies JOY, like two angels walking the road together.
I have the HOPE that even with the challenges we will face in our every day lives, we will bring something to the world that will endure when we are gone.
I have the HOPE that PEACE will flow through us to all those whom we love and to those we don't like.
I have the HOPE that LOVE will triumph in the end.

I feel very BLESSED because I have HOPE.






1 comment:

Palimpa Lim said...

To take a short look back, then close chapter 2010 and go straight forwards to 2011 with a lot of HOPE in your backpack is probably the best you can do.
And never forget that you stand on the mountains you have already climbed and have a much better view on everything, because the "mountains" you have been climbing are more like one way stairs: once you have climbed one of them, you are on a higher level - and remain there. We sometimes forget that, when we are tired of climbing...
Some people have to climb a lot. Nobody knows why - but I KNOW there IS a reason.
Love and hope are the keys, I guess, and it's good to know that you hold them in your hands.
I wish you all the best!
Janna