Monday, December 13, 2010

The Third Sunday of Advent - Rejoice


The third candle on the Advent wreath was lit today. The cantor sang, "Rejoice! Rejoice! Emanuel shall come to you, O Israel."

"Rejoice for the Lord is near."

The tree isn't up.
The Xmas shopping isn't finished.
I feel stressed.
I feel out of sorts.

Yet, as I lit the third candle on the advent wreath, I remembered the words of Isaiah the ancient prophet,

"The wilderness and the dry land shall be glad, the dessert shall rejoice and blossom like the crocus it shall blossom abundantly, and rejoice with joy and singing. The glory of Lebanon shall be given to it, the majesty of Carmel and Sharon. They shall see the glory of the Lord, the majesty of our God."

The time of preparation is almost over. We have now passed the third Sunday of Advent.

2 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

Thank you for that reminder today. I finally located the advent wreath. A bit too late. But now I know where it is for next year! Let's hope I can remember that...
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Christina Lloyd said...

I think we all need a reminder-however it may come-to relax and rejoice in the wonder of the season and why it is precious to you.
Take a moment to breathe in life and all the pieces will fit eventually. Excuse yourself from yourself and find peace even for just a moment.
Much Love.
And make sure you put tape on your list. :)