Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Newbies are the Greatest


It was September 11, and I was down in the dumps for a lot of different reasons, including the fact that it was 9/11. I saw the mailman drive past my mailbox and up to my front door. I assumed he must have a package for me, but I also knew that I hadn't ordered anything, so I was surprised. He handed me this HUGE box.
This is the box--------------------->.

The return address said, "Newbies."

I was overwhelmed, and I started to cry.






















There was a pink bag for Pixie.
-------------------------------->









There were 3 boxes addressed to
Jenny
Nick
and me.

By this time I was sobbing. What an amazing group of online friends I have in the Newbies from Wet Canvas. Thank you so much my dear friends:
Maggie, Trish, Paula, Gwen, Tami, Louise, Karen, Sueze, Samma, Debra, Diane, and if I missed someone, I'm so sorry! I'm crying again! I love you all!










Oh, and Pixie says Thank you, too! She's already had a treat from her bag, and she loves the toy!

Jenny and Nick will be home on Friday so we can all celebrate Jenny's birthday together and go to a wedding. They will get their packages then. Thank you!

9 comments:

Mermaid Glass said...

That is the sweetest thing ever. Congratulations to you on having such wonderful friends. :)

rosebud101 said...

Aren't they amazing people, Laurie? I am so blessed by their friendship!

Maggie said...

Mallory, The power of words and interests that binds us as friends through internet connections is priceless. Such treasured friendships!

rosebud101 said...

Yes, these friendships are treasured!

Samma said...

We truly love you and yours. Having all started torching about the same time, we've seen each other learn and grown together. A special family..those Newbies ;-D Samma

rosebud101 said...

Awwwww, Samma! You are so sweet!

Paula said...

You have been in our thoughts, prayers and hearts these past few weeks and as Maggie said it is a treasured friendships.

Louise said...

Mallory, we've all been worrying and praying and sending good thoughts for Jenny. Sending a little something was the easy part!

rosebud101 said...

Thanks, Louise! I love the goddess bead!