Wednesday, August 25, 2010

We were Young Then


This old photo was taken at my mother's house when I was 23. Dan was 25. We were young and in love. We didn't know what the future held for us. We only knew we wanted to share it together.

We didn't know the words "multiple myeloma." We wouldn't hear those words until we had been married for 33 years. Our lives were never the same after that.

Dan fought the hard fight, but in the end, he lost his battle with that disease.

Six years ago, exactly one year and twenty days after diagnosis, Dan body could no longer fight the disease and on August 25 he died. The neighbors reported seeing a huge hawk flying over our home at 8:30 AM. Dan died at 8:30 AM.

We miss you, Dan! You are now with the ancients. Be happy and wait for all of us to join you some day. In the meantime, we are living our lives to the fullest, so be happy for that! You will never be forgotten.

4 comments:

Christina Lloyd said...

Mallory, I always knew there was a foxy lady inside!!! Look at you hot momma!
Just to let you know I follow your blog ;)
love ya
Christina

Unknown said...

I saw this on facebook last night and noticed the similarities between you and Jenny. Dan and you were a good looking couple! I'm glad you shared 30+ years together.

one-eared pig said...

<3 I love the picture! Thank you for sharing.

Nicki said...

Nice memories and I know it must have been a tough day for you. Keep some smiles if you can, I am sure he is watching you.