Friday, July 2, 2010

Three Beautiful Things This Week


Three Beautiful Things This Week was inspired by a wonderful blog that Clare writes called Three Beautiful Things. Everyday, Clare writes about 3 Beautiful Things that happen each day in her life. It's a wonderful blog! I can only hope to imitate her in a very small way.


1) I am most grateful that the 2 nights of terrible storms did not cause me any damage. Even though there were strong winds, sheeting rains, and large hail, there was no damage to the house, Pixie, my children, or anyone that I hold dear. The nights were frightening when those terrible storms hit.

2) I'm very grateful that during those stormy nights, Pixie was a wonderful, calming influence on us. She didn't panic, and I think, if there had been a couch in the laundry room where we waited, Pixie would have slept well.

3) The 4th of July weekend begins today. I am so grateful we live in a country that, not perfect, is one of the most influential in the world. I am grateful that we live in freedom and justice. I am grateful to all of our women and men who are risking their lives for us in war torn places around the world. I am grateful to their families for allowing their loved to serve in the military. I am grateful that we are gifted with the basic freedoms that should be given to all.

No comments: