Saturday, May 15, 2010

Three Beautiful Things This Week


Three Beautiful Things This Week was inspired by a wonderful blog that Clare writes called Three Beautiful Things. Everyday, Clare writes about 3 Beautiful Things that happen each day in her life. It's a wonderful blog! I can only hope to imitate her in a very small way.

(Ooooops! I knew I forgot something! I got so excited about the turtles, I forgot to follow the Friday format!)




1) This week I found out how good good friends can be. Nick was flying in last Saturday for Mother's Day. I woke up with a severe stomach ache, throwing up, every bone in my body aching, and a fever. Someone had to pick Nick up at the airport in Minneapolis. I could barely lift my head off of my pillow. Thinking it was 7:30 AM, I called Sue and Harvey to see if they could pick him up. Without hesitation, Sue said yes. I only found out later that I had called at 6:30 AM! Not only did Sue and Harvey pick up Nick, but they took him to lunch and refused to let him fill their car up with gas. That was a true test of friendship! Thank you Sue and Harvey!

2) In spite of being ill, I had a wonderful Mother's Day with my children both home! I dozed from time to time. They took care of things around the house. Nick mowed the lawn for me. Jenny installed some brackets for bird feeders. They both did the dishes. I am so blessed in so many ways!

3) The vets have ruled out a serious illness for Pixie. We now think her problems are a response to pain in her shoulder. The vet thinks she has a pinched nerve. They have ruled out the serious things including cancer, kidney disease and auto immune diseases. Whew! The medication seems to be helping Pixie. The vet and I also think that her rank breath is due to the food she is eating. Now the quest is on to find a food that won't make her breath smell. I am truly grateful!

1 comment:

AdobeSol said...

Wow.. the challenges of life! Glad you had a good Mom's Day through the illness. Great blog! Thanks for sharring.