Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Look How I've Improved!



One of the best things that I've done this year is to go to Atlanta to meet Marcy Lamberson and take Caitlin Hyde's class with her. Now, Marcy is way ahead of me when it comes to sculptural work, but before I went, my sculptural pieces had psycho eyes and faces. The problem was little to no heat control. I was overheating every piece of glass I touched! Now, look at the difference.
----------------------------------------->
Meet Rapunzel.
She's a much improved sculptural figure, and she has no psycho eyes!





This figurine is a totally modern
Red Riding Hood. She wear jeans and a hoodie. Her eyes are good.
What a difference heat control makes. I needed to see the difference. By watching both Marcy and Caitlin, I learned what flame to use. It's much smaller than I had used before.


Isn't it great? Seeing is believing.
I learned a lot by seeing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AWESOMENESS! I LOVE Red's little belt and her hair. Both Caitlin & Marcy are such wonderful teachers with phenomenal control. I wish I could watch them work more often than just an annual demo!b