Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Decorations


It's been so long since I've been in a Christmas mood. Usually, if I get the tree up by Christmas Eve, I consider myself doing really well. Usually, it's just toss the tree up, add a few lights, and that's it.

This year, I made a conscious decision to not make this a "Bah Humbug Christmas." It's not even the 24th, and I've started decorating in ways I haven't decorated in years. Let me take you on a quick tour of what I've done--so far. There's more to come later.

First, this is the table we use ---------------------->
mostly for holidays. I used a table cloth that was given to us by a friend, and to that table cloth, I added some glittery placemats and simple read napkins. This really looks pretty.




















This is the kitchen table. ----------------------->
The table cloth is really some fleece I bought at Hobby Lobby. The base of the centerpiece is a small rug to which I added a candle holder and my favorite snow globe. Do you see Jennifer Jangles ornament? It's hanging from the candle on the table.



















This is in my entry way. Isn't it lovely? It's the reason for the season.























This is my favorite all year round decoration!
Doesn't she have beautiful eyes?





















More snow globes surround the Holy Family. Notice my all year round decoration hasn't moved?






















These lights are in the bay window. A friend made those and gave them to our family! They are such a treasure!





















These trees were also made by friends. We have such wonderful friends! I love these trees, and they look spectacular lit up!





















Do you like my snowman? That's the last of the big decorations. Like Oprah says, "The rest is in the details." More to come later, but for now,
we are on our way to Christmas!

1 comment:

Right Turn ArtWerks said...

Loving it Ms. Hoffman! Last year didn't get decorated but this year I did too. Yes to the beautiful decorations Mallory - everything looks B-U-tiful! HO HO HO - to B&B we'll go.