Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve 2009 The Start of the Day


It's now 5:45 AM on Christmas Eve morning. I actually woke up just before 4 AM after going to sleep around midnight.

I looked around the neighborhood when I decided to get up at 5, and my lights were the only ones on. I wish mine were out, but it is a wonderful, quiet time. I'll have to catch a nap a little bit later, I hope. Now, I'm up for the day. Even Pixie, who is now fed and has done her duty outside, is sleeping again. The snow is still falling. I guess we have a lot more to come. Nick is home. Jenny will be home sometime tonight.

I lit the fireplace. It's much warmer in the family room now. Most of the presents are wrapped and ready to be put under the tree. I've hesitated on some because the boxes have food and candy in them. Some are for Jenny's kitties. I think Pixie would take over them if she could. She'd also eat the food. Those presents will be the last under the tree. The luminarias have to be put together. They are our traditional Christmas decorations. We light them after Mass on Christmas Eve to bring the Child of Christmas to our home, and they burn until the wee hours of the morning. Other than cooking the meal for Christmas Eve, the putting together the luminarias is the last chore to be finished. Maybe there won't be a nap today.

Now, I'm off to shower. It's time for the daily ritual to begin. After that, I'm off to torch for a bit. I don't know how long that will last. I seem to have pulled a back muscle. I suspect it was sword fighting with Nick using the Wii. I did beat him in a couple of games though!

Today brings another day of being with my children, and, for that, I am very grateful! I have amazing children! They are adults now, and I love getting to know them as grownups. So, it's time. The Christ Child is coming soon, and we need to be ready for His Birth. This silence allows me to reflect and remember.

May you all be blessed this Christmas season. Merry Christmas to you! Peace, Love and Joy be the blessings you receive on this day of days.

1 comment:

TesoriTrovati said...

That dog is the most adorable. What a bestest bud he must be.
Blessings.
Erin