Monday, November 23, 2009

Wily Wren Fibers at the Art Show and on Etsy


I met Liza Domeier at the St. Peter Art Center's Holiday Fare last Saturday. Liza is a fiber artist and sustainable farmer here in Southern Minnesota.

Liza brought some of her yarns, felted items, and her spinning wheel to the Holiday Fare. I was lucky enough to be in the booth next to Liza, and I was able to watch her spin and see her wonderful products!

As you can see, Liza brought her spinning wheel and gave some demos at the show. Her husband sheers the sheep, and Liza turns the wool into beautiful yarns and felted products.

Liza has a web site called Wily Wren Fibers.

On her website, you are able to see her wonderful hats and other items that she has available for sale.
























Things I learned about Liza. Liza has a Master of Arts degree from Minnesota State University, Mankato, with an emphasis in fibers and ceramics. Liza and her husband have a 30 acre bio diverse farm that includes a lot of sheep. Guess where the wool comes from that Liza uses? Not only that, Liza is the clay coordinator for the St. Peter Art Center. She teaches classes in clay and fiber. Liza also works at a local nursery where she is the vegetable grower. In the summers, she also has a sizable vegetable garden. To relax, Liza fishes for catfish in the river, and she plays the banjo. Oh, I almost forgot, Liza also has an Etsy store. I don't know how she does it all!

Now, you get to see what I bought from Liza at the show!
I bought a pair of her felted wool fingerless gloves. Aren't they amazing?




















Thanks, Liza! It was great to meet you!

1 comment:

Pretty Things said...

I love when artists show how they make their craft --- dispels any doubts about their items not being handmade!