Friday, October 23, 2009

Sometimes, it's just meant to be.


I've had this necklace in my Etsy store for about a year and a half. This necklace started out as a set of mismatched hollows which no one bought. I decided that maybe they would look better in a necklace. I made up a necklace, but it was different from this one. It was a crocheted necklace. Again, the necklace sat in my Etsy store. Again, I thought, maybe if I redesign the necklace, it might sell. Guess what. It didn't. I was cleaning out my store the other day, and I thought that I should try on the necklace. No one had bought it, so I wanted to see if the design was poor. I tried it on, and, guess what. Some things are meant to be. The necklace is mine. I'm glad it didn't sell!

5 comments:

Pretty Things said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE that necklace! That is SO me!

Manuela said...

That´s my thought too - sometimes you have to leave things as they are ... you never know what surprises they will generate :-).

Patty said...

I think it's called "serendipity", and you were meant to have it, Mallory! It's beautiful.

Miss Val's Creations said...

I love this necklace! It is a vibrant conversation piece!

Jinx Garza said...

I had that happen to me recently too. I was so releived that my bead didn't sell. Mine mine mine! :-)