Saturday, August 8, 2009

Update On Spike


I honestly have to admit, I am surprised. When I first found out that Spike was in early kidney failure, I was shocked, and I was totally convinced that, by now, Spike would only be a memory.

Even though, I know, that with kidney disease, changes can happen very quickly, I am pleased to say that Spike is doing very well at this time.

I've seen some signs of deterioration, but, for the most part, Spike is still Spike, and I am so happy! I feel blessed with everyday that we are given. He's been my best friend for so long, it will be difficult when he joins the ancients, but I have been blessed, and I don't want to forget that.

Spike stole my comforter. He's begun to rip it up to make it his. That's so Spike. I can buy a new one, but I'll never have another Spike. Now, I have to go and give him an ear rub. He likes those!

7 comments:

one-eared pig said...

I'm glad he's a fighter!

Linda said...

I love Spike too :) I know exactly how you feel towards your doggie. Kisses to Spike. Dogs are truely womans/mans best friend :)

Dori Patrick said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog! I love your beads! Wow! And Spike is so great!! What a sweetie! We have Luke, the yellow lab and are so crazy about him. Those eyes! I wish they could get together to play!

Leah said...

kisses to you and Spike

angelinabeadalina said...

Whew. I saw the entry title, and my heart sank. I am so glad to find it's an update on how there haven't been too many changes yet. Hugs to you and the SpikeDog!

rosebud101 said...

He's doing well, Ang, but I do know that he's heading towards the end. There have been changes, but, for the most part, he's doing really well!

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Hi Mallory,

Glad your buddy is hanging in there. Enjoy him - he looks like he's loving life. We should all live like Spike.

:-) Cindy