Monday, August 3, 2009

Finding Inspiration in Nature--But in the poutry barn?


When I went to the Blue Earth County Fair, I never thought I'd say this, but I found inspiration in the poultry barn. Look at this gorgeous specimen of a bird. Can you see that pattern in a bead? What a beautiful creature!













Can you imagine duplicating this pattern in a bead? I can tell you this, I'm going to try.
















I am amazed! I found inspiration in a most unlikely place. Where have you found inspiration when you didn't expect it?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Last month when we took the kids to the aquarium at the Mall of America in Minneapolis, my 6 yr old son was pointing out many of the fish saying "Mommy, that would make a cool bead!"

I love chickens. Fun to watch!

rosebud101 said...

Kelly, isn't that a great aquarium? I think you've trained your son well.

Genie Sea said...

That is extraordinary plumage! :)

Maggie said...

Are those fractals on the first one? He is exquisite.

Sharon Driscoll said...

I can't believe it! I was at Border's and bought a book called Extraordinary Chickens. I thought they were so cool and it was a "sale" book. Funny how we can come across the same things in a different way.