Thursday, July 23, 2009

I'm a Big, Fat Copy Cat!


Do you remember this post by AngelinaBeadalina in her blog? Quick, go and take a look. It's important for this blog.













Ang, made this elephant and showed it in her blog.

If you have read Ang's blog or followed her art online or visited her Etsy shop, you have been fortunate enough to come to know an exceptional artist! That is reason enough to call AngelinaBeadalina, a master of her craft! This now takes us back to this elephant, and why I wanted to talk about it.

Yes, I am a big, fat copy cat. Yes, I deliberately copied a piece of Ang's work. In this day and age when copying issues are huge in the glass community, I copied this elephant without Ang's permission, but with Ang's gracious permission I am going to show you my version of Ang's elephant.

















Clearly, you will see differences. I don't know why, but so many of my sculptures have boogers in their noses. We used different glass colors, but I don't think this is a bad copy. I'm also not as good a sculptural artist as Ang is, but I'm working on it.

Oh, and lest you think I will benefit from my act of being a big, fat copy cat, I'm not. This bead will be in my next box to Beads of Courage. Thanks, Ang!

2 comments:

angelinabeadalina said...

Hey, Mallory :) I love your elephant, especially since you finished the trunk and mine is barely there. I like the more three dimensional look you got. I'll bet you could figure out how to make some tigers and other animals, too.

P.S. You're a sweet, kind person, and all of the work you do for B of C is appreciated, Mallory.

Karolen said...

Very cute and nice job!