Sunday, July 12, 2009

Fun Days Parade


I have to admit that I was somewhat disappointed this year in our Fun Days Parade. In years past, the parade seemed to be much better organized. This year, there were big gaps between the walking advertisements and bands. The bands were playing very sad music. I'm thinking, maybe it's the economy? I don't know.

On the plus side, there was still plenty of candy for everyone. There was pop given out. Even piizza was given out. There were some fun "floats." (I don't know what else to call them.) People were still having a good time, but so many kids and adults were saying, "Is this thing over yet?"

Not to be such a gloom and doom person about this. I know it takes a lot of work to organize and execute a parade that lasts just a touch over 2 hours. So, I'd like to show you some of the most enjoyable parts of the parade.

Horses, there are always horses! Note the top picture, but how about this little guy?
















Isn't he cute? He seemed to enjoy walking the parade route.

















Then there was AJ, a local photographer. He said that he didn't mind having his picture taken. He was taking photos for a local magazine.


















As always, "Pile it On" benefited the local food shelf. Donations of cash and cans were taken for this cause.



I only wish I knew the name of this group! They were great entertainers, and they did entertain! The would walk a few steps and play. Then they would cross the street and play to the audience. They were a hit! Everyone loved them and the way they played.

2 comments:

Deb said...

It looks like it was a beautiful day Mallory.
It's difficult when things as we know them change (just ask me about chocolate.lol!). I hope it is just the economy & that future parades will be back up to scratch.

The upside is that little kids often don't know the difference & still enjoy these things anyway.

angelinabeadalina said...

The drummers were cool. Must have been fun to see them coming down the street!