Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Perfect Summer Day

It was 73 and sunny outside. Unlike the perfect storm, this was the perfect summer day! Take a look and see what I mean.
Snug as a bug in the run? No, snug as a lot of bugs on several warm rocks.
The tree is full and green. There's lots of wonderful shade!
Spike loves being by his tree!
The newly cut grass is full and fragrant.

The daisies are at their prime!
This sweet rose is open and leaning into the sun.
This rose bush hasn't bloomed since Jenny graduated from high school-- until today!
The hens and chick are henning and chickening!
This was truly the perfect summer day!
Finally!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad it is finally warming up! We'll be in Minnesota in just over a week to enjoy the great temps and beautiful lakes!

rosebud101 said...

I hope you have fun when you visit MN, Kelley! And, I hope it's still warm.

angelinabeadalina said...

I like the sunshiney daisies, and I'd have to sit under the tree with Spike and enjoy watching the world go by if I were in your yard :)

Right Turn ArtWerks said...

Spike looks cute in his coat under the tree and your garden is going gangbusters. I have some basil growing and some oregano but never got around to the tomatoes. Flowers, YES!