Friday, June 12, 2009

Maggie Roschyk - Blogging for the Bead and Button


I met Maggie Roschyk at the Bead and Button Show. Where else? Maggie and I manned the ISGB (International Society of Glass Beadmakers) table for 3 hours. We gave out information about the ISGB. We helped those who wanted to join the ISGB. We gave directions. I think you get the picture. More than that, I learned a lot about the passion of an awesome seed beader. In addition to being an avid seed beader, Maggie is also the blogger for the Bead and Button Magazine. Maggie's column is called: "Maggie's Musings." It's a great column, so be sure to check it out. There is a lot of interesting and helpful information in Maggie's column.



However, more importantly than her column, I wanted to show you some of Maggie's outstanding seed bead work. Maggie is one of those talented artists who makes the difficult look easy. Just wait until you see her work!

This year, the ISGB and the Bead and Button Magazine, co sponsored "Convergence," a meeting of minds and talent using glass beads. Maggie and Kristen Frantzen Orr entered "Tidal Pools Reflecting Prometheus." I remember looking at this piece of amazing wearable art and thinking, "This really does look like tidal pools." I didn't know Maggie at the time. This work of art is truly amazing! Kristen made the glass beads, and Maggie wove the seed beads in this magnificent piece. Take a look.


















My photo does not do this piece of wearable art justice. It's lovely. I only wish I had been able to count all the seed beads in this necklace. Wow! And it really does look like tide pools.

Just as amazing is this sign:



















In my wildest dreams, I could never do this! Can you imagine how many hours and seed beads there are in this sign. Amazing! Thanks, Maggie for letting me show your work! It is truly amazing!

1 comment:

angelinabeadalina said...

Wow, the tidal pool necklace looks amazingly intricate! Thanks for telling us about Maggie