Monday, March 9, 2009

PotatoFishCar


On March 3, Louise Ingram of Fireseed Glass, challenged us in her blog to attempt a challenge. She showed the photos of Tom Moore's PotatoFishCar in her blog. To help us come out of our winter blues and to recharge the creative juices, Louise asked us to create something that was animal/vegetable/object using Tom Moore's photo for inspiration. It took some thinking and drawing, but here is the result of this challenge. What do you think, Louise? It's my woman/cupcake/peapod. Now, that is an "interesting" bead. Here it is. By the way, she's hiding behind a flower. What do you think?

4 comments:

Louise said...

I think it's wonderful Mallory, I laughed out loud when I saw this bead and I mean that as a compliment, it's wacky, and bright and very happy. I don't know about you, but one thing I found from doing this challenge was that it pushed me to think of different shapes and really made me try to work the glass in a different way than I'm used to.

rosebud101 said...

I feel the same way, Louise. This bead was actually the inspiration for another one that I'll show later. It's in the kiln soaking right now. I do agree, though. It was a fun challenge.

angelinabeadalina said...

WomanCupcakePeaPod is a fun bead, Mallory, just like Louise said, "wacky, and bright and very happy." Looks like you had great fun with the challenge!

Deb said...

This is fun & fabulous Mallory.
I ready your post & had a look at Louise's challenge...first thought was TigerPearShoe..lol!