Thursday, March 12, 2009

Now this was fun!


I am now, and have been for a while, a fan of Jennifer Heynen's
ceramic beads.
Her store on Etsy is known as Jangles.
In her blog, on February 13,
Jennifer announced the details of
Jangles Creative Celebration.
I decided to enter
because it gave me the chance I wanted to purchase some Jangles beads.
I'm not sorry I did!
They are absolutely wonderful!
Check out Jennifer's Etsy store to see more of her creations!
Anyway,
I just wanted to show you what I entered.
Each person is allowed 3 entries.
This is my first entry. It's a bracelet I made using memory wire, my own lampwork beads, a gorgeous focal bead from Jangles,
and flexible bangle beads from
MyELEMENTS on Etsy.
Now what do you think is my favorite color?
You're right, red!
Just kidding.
Anyway, that's entry #1.
My second entry was a necklace that I made using Jangles beads exclusively and a hand dyed silk ribbon from Deb Batten
of
FireBirdFlameWork.
The beads and the colors in the silk ribbon
worked well together
to make a beautiful necklace for me to wear!


















Love it! Love it! Love it!
Last, but not least, is a pair of earrings I made using Jangles beads and Swarovsky crystals.
Take a peek!
The colors are perfect for spring,
and
I can hardly wait to wear them!

















So, wish me luck!
Even if I don't "win" in this celebration,
I have already won!
I have some beautiful new pieces of jewelry to wear
when I go to the Bead and Button Show
in June
and
I will get to meet Jennifer there
since I am taking a class from her.
How can I loose?
I've already won.

4 comments:

angelinabeadalina said...

I think I see a winner! I love the combo of all the pretty pinks (glass, ceramic, bangle) in the bracelet and the pendant is just beautiful! Good luck!

Deb said...

Mallory - your entries are fabulous!
I look at the fresh citrus colours & wish I could live somewhere where there was a reason to wear fresh all year round.lol!

I love what you have done with them all (& the silk ribbon).
As far as I can see it's a win/win situation. :o)

JenniferJangles said...

Mallory,
I am hoping you don't mind if I use this picture to post on Art Bead Scene. I will make sure to put a link to your blog....

Thanks,
Jennifer
Jangles

rosebud101 said...

Absolutely, not, Jennifer! Thanks for the link, too!