Sunday, March 29, 2009

I'm Shopping Artfire using the search word: Recycle


It's amazing what people can do when they recycle! I shopped Artfire using the word recycle. 212 pages came up with items using that word.


The first item I'd like to show you is a bracelet made from recycled plastic from artworksbyKD on Artfire. This absolutely great and very reasonably priced at $11.
The recycled plastic is strung on memory wire. The plastic comes from a detergent bottle. Isn't that amazing!
















Can you guess what this is? This item is called: Upcycled, Recycled, Repurposed Popcorn Journal/Notebook. What fun! A recycled popcorn box was made into a 42 page journal that can be carried in your purse. Be sure to visit withourhands on Artfire to see more of their great recycled products!










This great denim purse comes to you from Bits and Peaces Quilts on Artfire. Wouldn't this be great for a Saturday afternoon or that teen or tween in your life? I continue to be amazed at the ingenuity of the creative souls we find in the handmade markets!

And last, but not least, in the search for items made from recycled materials are glasses. Does anyone remember the days of bottle cutters and making your own glasses from which to drink? I do. These are much more sophisticated than what we used in those days. They are also beautiful!

These glasses were made by YAVAGlass on Artfire. They were flame cut and polished by the torch. They are beautiful, too! They were made from Blu Italy bottles.








Now, that you've seen these great recycled items, I hope that you take a look at Artfire and search out your own fabulous finds of recycled materials. Remember, with 212 pages of items, and more being added daily, you are bound to find something you love!

2 comments:

angelinabeadalina said...

WOW! Those blue bottles are my fav, but I'm also really liking that yellow bracelet!

Deb said...

Cool finds Mallory.
I have to admit that the glasses draw me in the most too! Must be the beautiful blue of the glass.


I've been planning a recycle project with Miss Gabriela for the next school holidays (in under two weeks - eeek!)