Thursday, January 8, 2009

On Developing a New Avatar


What do the words psychotic, insane, drug stupor, ancient, deleted, many times, web cam, and mirror have in common? The answer is: Me. In an effort to develop a new avatar for use I decided it was time to take a new photo of myself. My reaction to each photo was one of the above. No, psychotic. No, insane. No, drug stupor. No, ancient. Delete. Delete. Delete. Try Web Cam. Mirror. Over and over again. Finally, after much careful editing, the results are here.





This one, only slightly psychotic.-------------> No


















Happy, but slightly hidden wrinkles-------> No



















Hidden face, ancient, wrinkled hands-------> No
















Better, with wrinkles ------------------>No, almost




















Ancient, well almost------------------> Not yet.


















Okay, this is it! ---------------------------> Yes

Check out my 1000Markets store, it's there!



5 comments:

Louise said...

Oh Mallory... I feel your pain - lol, why do you think MY avatar on WC is Gromit??
I think it's even worse when we take pictures of ourselves because it's so hard to get a good angle.
Don't be so critical of yourself!!! - easy for me to say ;o)

rosebud101 said...

No, Louise, I do not think your avatar on WC looks like Gromit at all! And I love all your monkeys! I hope people check out your site. I'm going to feature you in my blog in the next couple of weeks.

angelinabeadalina said...

I like it! I'll go check out how your 1000 Markets is looking, too :)

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Ancient smancient! You look good! There's lots of life and beauty after age 25 - we all look good then but think we look ugly - how silly is that? It's a great picture Mallory!

Cindy

rosebud101 said...

Thanks, Cindy, and since I now have more "mature" skin, guess that I have a lot to look forward to in the future! rofl