Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It's Almost Here! Tax Time!

I'm thinking that my CPA is thinking, "Oh, no, she will be here soon. Must hide. Must hide. Must hide!" I know that sounds desperate, but since I am truly fearful of going to prison should I attempt to prepare and file my own taxes, I consult with my CPA accountant, usually in March, about my taxes. When I call the accounting firm for which he works, I hear his secretary whisper, "Bob, Bob, it's her. Are you in? However, I am very persistent. I don't give up. I call until Bob says that he is, again, willing to prepare my taxes for me.

I truly do attempt to organize my tax information to make it easily accessible and "figure-out-able" for Bob. I fill in the questionaire Bob sends me. I try not to leave blank spots in it, especially in the areas of income and the income generated by my very small business. I'm not sure, but I think I've seen Bob cringe when I bring in my files.

What Bob doesn't know is what these files look like BEFORE he sees them. In my defense, I do write the word "SAVE" on my cardboard box that once housed the ceramic heater I bought at Menards.


















It just makes sense that I should save receipts, invoices, etc. to give to Bob when I go to him to have my taxes readied for the government.



















It's easy to do, too. I simply take my box, and, on a cold and snowy day, when there is nothing else to do, I dump that box on my bed, turn on the TV, and sort. And sort. And sort.
Now, since it's not February, and, right now, it's not snowing for the moment. It's cold, though. I won't go through the sorting process. Just know, that in my box marked SAVE, I have enough to keep me busy for a couple of cold, snowy days before I go to see Bob.





















I'm not worried. The nightmares for Bob haven't started yet, but I do need to get ready to see him. February is such a short month. Maybe I should start tonight!

2 comments:

angelinabeadalina said...

Heehee, just think of all the glass knowledge Bob is gleaning from your visits each year! Being married to a "Bob" (okay, I meant the CPA part, mine is a Ricky not a Bob), I have to tell you that tax time seems to be about the only time of the year my non-artistically inclined beancounter cares to discuss glass, LOL. Have fun with the receipts! I do it much the same way.

Deb said...

Oh yay Mallory. Now that's my kind of pre planning & forethought ;o)

Psst Ang - I suspect that Bob is gleaning a tad more than just glass knowledge * wink wink*

"Money talks,
but it can' sing & dance,
and it can't walk..."

oh hang on, yes it can - right outta your pocket & into the accountants - lol!