Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I've been experimenting!

Ancient discs unearthed at an archeological site? Wood that's been carved and distressed ? None of the above. These discs were made with polymer clay. I was amazed at how easy it was to make these discs. In less than an hour, I made 53 discs, including curing them in the oven. I was impressed at how quickly I was able to make the discs. Where is my heart? Is it in polymer clay? No, it's not. Melting glass is my passion. Polymer clay is fun for a rainy day! I hope there are more rainy days very soon.

6 comments:

Kim said...

Those are cool! Maybe you could make some sets that have both the poly clay and lampwork?! I tried it a while back too and I just don't have the patience for it. By the way, I got one of your beads today as a result of the LE Halloween exchange, it is so cute and I was really excited! :)

rosebud101 said...

I'm so glad you did. I'm glad you liked it, too. I had such a hard time getting in to halloween this year. I'm having the same trouble with Xmas. Oh, well. More fun!

Kim said...

Yeah, I'm having a lot of trouble with xmas this year too...
hard to get in the mood for it in October! I usually wind up going through my stash of beads to try and find something festive...I'm a very last minute person by nature! :)

angelinabeadalina said...

Kim's suggestion of combining poly clay and lampwork elements is terrific, Mallory. I love the look of these metallic discs-- ancient and each with its own varied details. Those would look great in one of your necklaces, providing a really neat backdrop for one of your glass beads!

PolymerClayTutor said...

One day I will try lampwork but for now my heart is for polymer clay! Very cool disks... bet they look neat all stacked together! ~Cindy Lietz

Deborah Lambson said...

Oh those are very cool..I love the earthiness of them. It's a new look at polymer clay for me!