Saturday, October 18, 2008

Freaky Friday Challenge on a New Zeland Sunday


All right, Deb posted before I did, but here are the results of the Jennifer Geldard Tutorial of the Ornate Bead. Deb, as always, found a photo and worked from that. I used the tutorial. Deb's results were great, I thought. I am showing 3 beads. I actually made 4 beads, but I forgot to photograph it. Maybe another day.

Here's a group shot of my beads. I used the same color scheme throughout. The bottom bead looks like it has a huge round chip, but that's really a white dot blending in with the background.




This is the first long bead. It's about 2.5 inches in length.

















I really do like this bead. I think I"m giong to keep it for myself. I have clothes with which I can wear it!















This bead is actually half a bead. My bead release broke before I could finish the bead. At least I have half of the bead.

Here's the last bead. It's a smaller bead than the first one. It's okay. I'm not totally happy with it, but it might look great wire wrapped.











Well, that's about all for now. Next week, I think that we can both work without tutorials. We are going to make sculptural flowers. That should be a challenge for both of us! See you on Freaky Friday, whether it's on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.

3 comments:

marcy said...

I think your beads turned out gorgeous.

You should make more of this style.

Marcy

Deb said...

Mallory - these are fabulous!! I love them all - you did a great job!!

This week flowers - huh? Now that should be intersting!

knittingdragonflies said...

Well you have gotten tagged again.
Love your beads.
- Link to the person who tagged you
- Mention the rules
- Tell six quirky yet boring, unspectacular details about yourself
- Tag six other bloggers by linking to them
- Go to each person's blog and leave a comment that lets them know they've been tagged
Vicki http://knittingdragonflies.blogspot.com/