Wednesday, October 15, 2008

12


Would you like to win 12 of my polymer discs? I'll send them to you for free. All you have to do is help me complete my necklace. Here is another picture of the discs. I actually went through them to find some very nice ones for the winner.












In order to win these discs, you will need to answer some questions that will help me to complete a necklace I started that uses these discs.


Please look at this necklace. It's a wire crochet necklace. As you can see, it's not finished yet. The necklace has 3 strands, and it's a choker sized necklace. You can see that I used the discs in each strand.













Now, Angelina Beadalina suggested that I use a lampwork focal in the necklace, and I found the perfect one! (Ang, thank you for the suggestion, too, and you can still play this game.) Take a look at this bead.
The colors are absolutely perfect for this necklace! This bead is the result of a challenge I participated in.















Now, here's the necklace with the bead placed on it . It's not wire wrapped yet, it's just placed at the bottom of the necklace.

















Here are the questions I need for you to answer:
1) What do you think, does the necklace look better with or without the bead?
2) What do you think would be a good name for the necklace?

On Saturday, sometime during the day, I will put any and all names in a hat and draw the name of the winner of the discs. I'm just stuck at this point. I'm not concerned about finishing up the necklace ends, I just don't know if adding the bead will be too much for this necklace. What do you think?

If you win, I will need some way to contact you. A good way to contact me would be to leave me a message with your contact information on ETSY. Just send me a convo from there. I check ETSY several times a day. If you aren't a member of ETSY, it's free to become a member, and it only takes a few minutes to sign up. So, start thinking, and let me know what you think.

2 comments:

angelinabeadalina said...

Mallory, I went to sleep thinking about this necklace because it has such a great look with those ancient/distressed discs and the glass colors that are so well highlighted by the discs, and I've got a few ideas. I really like the way the discs are crocheted into the wire in a relaxed/random feeling pattern. If I wore jewelry, that would be just my thing!! I'm wondering if the wire wrapping you do to that gorgeous glass bead is going to be visually "heavy" enough to balance the bead with the rest of the necklace...the bead looks sort of lonely hanging by itself. Here again, I imagine the wire wrapping you do will make this look different, but if it doesn't, then three ideas crossed my mind. Idea #1-- include the glass bead at about 7 o'clock on the circle the necklace makes in the picture, somehow making it lay almost diagonal to flow along with the line of the necklace. Idea #2-- use the glass bead to make an incredibly gorgeous charm/toggle at the back of the necklace; of course, this would probably only appeal to someone with really short hair, but I love the look of old jewelry that has those extra fancy treatments at the back. Idea #3-- do some more crocheting to frame the focal in the middle of an upside down sort of "V" that lets the choker style cover lots of area like a kerchief (well, crap, I can't even think of the jewelry term). Geesh! I love to think about ideas, but I'm a clutz with jewelry making...thanks for letting me live vicariously and have the fun of thinking up different ideas :)

rosebud101 said...

Ang, those are great ideas! I think your observations about the focal are very accurate. Thanks so much for the help! It's been driving me crazy!